Use Adoptable Storage to Store Apps on SDcard on Asus Zenfone.
- Download ADB tools: CLICK HERE
- Enable Developer Option ( Go to Settings > About> Software information and click build number for 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging ( Settings > Developer Option > USB Debugging )
- Download and Install ADB tools from the STEP 1
- On desktop hold, SHIFT + Right-click > Open Command Windows Here
- Connect your mobile to PC using USB cable
- On the Command Windows type ADB Devices to confirm your device is connected
- Give Permission to Debugging mode (Popup Windows Will come on phone)
- Now on Computers Command Windows type
adb shell sm set-force-adoptable true
- After pressing Enter please wait till it completes.
- After that go to Storage And USB (Settings > Storage and Usb)
- Tap on SDcard
- Click on 3 DOTS you will see on the top right and click on settings
- Now Press on Format as Internal ( REMEMBER TO BACKUP DATA FROM SDCARD )
- Select Erase and Format option on bottom Right
- Then you will see the formatting window of SDCard,
- Done.. Now your SDcard becomes Internal Storage and you can Shift Data to it.
NOTES: MUST READ***
- DO it With your OWN risk.
- Your Device Must be Upgraded to Android 6.0
- If you connect your device to the computer through USB. Now you will not be able to use SDcard through Computer
- BACKUP your DATA before going for STEP 1
- No root access required
- You can't use the SDcard on another device without formatting
- Your Device can be slow if you use a slow Read/Write Speed card (Minimus Class 9-10)
- Always try to eject SDcard before removing it. Otherwise, your SDcard be crash Easily.
- Minimum Class 9-10 Sd cards are required.
- You can use Either Internal Storage or SD to keep personal files.. Go to settings > Storage and USB> Click on 3 dots > Migrate data to use SDcard to keep personal files and app data. Then you can only use internal storage to keep app and app data.
- to move apps data to SDcard go to Settings > Storage and UBS> Click on Internal Storage > Apps> Select the app>Click on Change on Storage user section > Select SD>Move.